1. Investigation. Have you found the pools of untapped demand?
2. Prioritization. Have you ranked your opportunities based on how much they will contribute to the bottom line?
3. Inspiration. Have you looked for creative ideas through brainstorming, mashing up other successful ideas, analogy, and intuition?
4. Optimization. Have you taken your most successful ideas and presented them to your demanding consumer?
5. Validation. Have you used traditional tools to validate your ideas, that is, determined acceptance values, estimated sales volumes, and aggregated demand?